A once in a life time opportunity for a General manager to work for a Nature Reserve that has for the past 40 years, been a haven for wildlife. The reserve was founded with the dual aims of preserving an environmentally valuable corner of Northern Essex and educating people, especially children, about the natural world. As General Manger you will manage all aspects of the continued day-to-day operations of the reserve and school room, in developing and leading future plans. The general Manager will work closely with the Owners of the reserve and the Trustees.
It is imperative for this position of General Manager that you possess passion, interest and the desire to learn everything about this reserve and have the dedication to lead the existing team as well as help in providing them with direction and assistance with building the reserve in its future plans.
- Lead a small team of staff
- Prepare detailed reports on improvements required at the reserve for trustees.
- Fundraising and keeping records of donors and ensure they are kept informed and thanked for their support and managing Gift Aid
- Regular meetings with employees and putting into place more structure
- Prepare and organise trustee meetings, agendas, minutes and financial reports
- Oversee all aspects of safety and ensure all legal regulations are adhered to
- Planning and organizing open days, including PR and engagement with local media
- Keep records of flora, fauna, moth traps and anything that affect the natural environment
- Chair twice yearly meetings of the Management Committee.
- Annual Newsletter
- Ensure wages and invoices are paid and liaise regularly with the book-keeper
- The ideal person will possess a passion for and knowledge of wildlife and the natural environment.
- Experience in managing and leading people or teams and running projects
- Knowledge of schools and education desirable but not crucial
- Must possess strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills across a range
- Possess a working understanding of finance and the ability, with a bookkeeper’s help, to manage budgets, payroll and financial reporting
- Ideally have an understanding of fundraising, gift aid, charity
- Proficient with basic computer skills
- Versant with Child Protection Policy.
Benefits to you
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus scheme linked to funds raised
- 25 days of annual holiday (depending on number of days per week employed)
- The chance to part of a unique place of nature and be part of and responsible for their future development
To apply please send your cv to email@example.com If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has been unsuccessful
|Job Category||Charity & Voluntary|